Join Chicago Area Runners Association - CARA... the country’s 3rd largest local running organization and become part of our passionate community. CARA annually serves over 10,000 members and training program runners combined across the Chicago area -- city and suburbs.
JOIN CARA TODAY!
- Support CARA's advocacy programs such as 'Go Run, youth programs, trail clean-ups, and our work to represent you with local municipalities.
- Get involved through volunteerism... CARA members gave over 42,000 volunteer hours last year in over 9,500 volunteer roles.
- Discounts on registration for CARA’s training programs, coaching programs, races and events. CARA hosted over 650 dates of programs and events in 2016!
- Discounted entry fees for over 100 local races - get a quick return on your membership fee!
- Exclusive CARA members only race day gear check and tents at many races around Chicagoland.
- Race and compete for CARA Racing awards including CARA Runners' Choice Circuit Races, Participation, and Long Distance awards. Learn more.
- Free admission to the CARA Super Clinic, a must attend seminar for beginner and veteran marathon runners alike.
- CARA e-newsletters to keep you informed.
- Free one-year subscription to Runners World magazine ($20 value). One per member-household.
- Access to the 24-Hour NovaCare Injury Hotline where you can get your injury questions answered by NovaCare physical therapist.
- Discounts with CARA Partners in our Monthly Member Rewards. Learn more.
| Membership Types:
|New Individual Membership
|Renew Individual Membership
|New Family Membership
|Renew Family Membership
|Senior Individual Membership
|Youth Indivudal Membership
- All One (1) Year memberships expire 12/31/17, all two (2) year memberships expire 12/31/18.
- Memberships renewals of current memberships completed after February 1, 2017 will be prorated as CARA transitions to a calendar year membership structure.
- Members must renew before expiration to receive the renewal rate.
- Youth Rate (22 & Under), Senior Rate (60 & Over)
Looking to go above and beyond? Show your support with an additional contribution:
- $100 Bronze individual 2-year membership
(Bronze members are eligible for a $35 tax deduction*)
- $150 Silver individual 2-year membership
(Silver members are eligible for an $85 tax deduction*)
- $250 Gold individual 2-year membership
(Gold members are eligible for a $185 tax deduction*)
* Tax Deductibility - Contributions to CARA, beyond regular dues, are tax deductible as a charitable expense under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.