Join our team today!
Add meaning to your Bank of America Chicago Marathon mileage by raising funds for the CARA Road Scholars program. The $1,500 funds you raise as a Charity Runner will help put at-risk teens in running shoes and apparel, provide half marathon training, post-run refreshments, transportation to training sites and races, pre-race pasta dinner and race entries for a 5K race and the Rock 'n' Roll Chicago Half Marathon.
The CARA Road Scholars Charity Runner Team has space available for all runners! Whether you already have your guaranteed entry or you are looking to secure an entry, we have a spot for you!
Runners joining our team are asked to reach minimum fundraising goals. In return, CARA Road Scholars Charity Runners receive:
- Free two year membership to CARA
- One FULL year of FREE participation in any CARA programming
- Guaranteed entry to the Bank of America Chicago Mararthon
- Free CARA Summer Marathon Training Program
- Free entry to Super Clinic, a one-day info session on all things marathon, complete with speakers and running experts
- Free entry for the Ready to Run 20 Miler
- Weekly training emails with tips, inspiration, motivation and more
- CARA Road Scholars Race Day Technical T-Shirt
- Race Day CARA Marathon VIP Amenities
- One-Year CARA Membership
- Discounts at CARA Community Partners
- Access to NovaCare Physical Therapists and the 24-Hour Injury Hotline
- Personal fundraising webpage
- Opportunities to run with CARA Road Scholars students at training runs
- In addition to these benefits, runners have the chance to win great prize packages as you raise money. The more you raise, the more you win!
Contact Astrid Grimes to save your spot on our team. Space is limited!
What is CARA Road Scholars?
CARA Road Scholars is an innovative approach to inspiring excellence in Chicago youth. This intervention program challenges teens to train for and complete a half marathon. Road Scholars uses running to teach at risk youth important lessons in commitment, dedication, and discipline, while improving self esteem and worth. Want to learn more about the program, click here!