The Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) has a long history of supporting and assisting Race Directors as part of our mission to improve the running experience of our membership and all runners across Chicagoland. This fulfills, as well, our mission to raise the standard of road racing all across Chicagoland. This support comes in the form of advocacy, competitive structure, operational guidance, race certification, race promotion as well as awarding both participants and race directors who best help advance the mission to improve local running.
CARA Race Director Resources:
- CARA Best Practices Guidelines - Guidelines for a quality, safe and sucessful runner's first event.
- Race Director Clinics - CARA hosts a monthly free race director clinic.
- CARA Race Certified Information / Application - Race's may partner with CARA to assert their excellence in event direction and to promote their events.
- CARA Race Calendar Submission Form - Submit your race to be included on our calendar.
- CARA Runners Choice Circuit Details and Information - The CARA Runners’ Choice Circuit is a series providing runners Chicago’s best races, fun competition and incredible camaraderie. All runners may compete in these races and CARA members may score points and year-end awards in Overall, Age Group, Age Graded, Clydesdale, Club, Participation, Long Distance, and Corporate competitions. This Circuit is assembled with the input of CARA’s membership, the CARA Racing Committee, the CARA staff and CARA Board of Directors.
- CARA Marathon Incentive Program - A program developed to allow local runners the opportunity to earn guarranteed entries into the Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
- CARA Awards Details and Information - CARA provides awards to local runners for participating in road races.
- CARA Awards Banquet - A celebration of racing and achievement.
- Race Promotion - Want to expose your event to CARA membership and the Chicago area running community? Contact Alona at email@example.com for opportunities.
Please direct questions regarding CARA Road Race Services to Greg Hipp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-262-7831.
CARA Event Partners:
CARA partners and referrs only the best and most repected companies and event professionals in Chicagoland. The partners below are of the highest quality and can be trusted with your event.
Marathon Sportswear is proud to be the official apparel partner of the Chicago Area Runners Association. Marathon is a family-owned company located in Blue Island. For over 38 years, we have customized apparel for thousands of races and events in the Chicagoland Area and throughout the Midwest. We are passionate about running and are actively involved with the running community. At Marathon, we combine this passion with state of the art printing equipment and techniques, fast turn-around times, and the most competitive pricing to provide your event with customized apparel suited to your specific needs. Marathon Sportswear can accommodate orders of any size.
Please contact Joe Piko for price quotes or questions (email@example.com / 708-389-5390)
Running Awards & Apparel is the official awards partner of the Chicago Area Runners Association. Run by experienced running enthusiasts, Running Awards & Apparel offers Race Directors unparalleled assistance with all facets of running event development and with product needs; from event branding support, to the design and manufacturing of a wide variety of medals, to custom overall awards and apparel for all types of running events. We help your runners celebrate the joy of running and help you keep them coming back year after year.
On the production end, our sales team is supported by a talented, in-house graphic design team as well as veteran engraving and printing artisans. With over 20-years of event and fulfillment experience under our belt, Running Awards & Apparel not only provides the highest quality of products and service, but also industry-leading turn-around times to help our running communities meet their goals.
Race Roster, the official registration partner of CARA, is a cloud based registration platform for endurance events serving event organizers and their participants. Race Roster will help you increase registration, boost donations and attract sponsors. You’ll receive access to ongoing reporting and support from event creation to completion. Race Roster's customizable platform can help you accomplish all your event goals.
As a supporter of CARA local initiatives please contact Colin Castein and let him know how he can help you with your event.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 1-888-749-3028 Ext 704.
Timing, Course Certification, Event Management:
Big River Race Management (BRRM) is the official timing partner of the Chicago Area Runners Association and official timer of CARA's Wintrust Lakefront 10 Miler & 5K. Staying on the cutting edge of technology, BRRM has adopted the ChronoTrack Live RaceCasting services which feature online registration, onsite registration, dynamic race check-in, mobile results, real-time online results, mobile and social media athlete updates, onsite results, athlete photography and athlete video. Big River Race Management is proud to call themselves the Midwest's premier race timing and event management company.
Zach Edmonson would love to sit down and talk with you. Email him: email@example.com or call (312) 972-9323.