The mission of the Chicago Flyers is to provide community while developing a child’s passion for a lifetime of fitness through track/field, cross country and wise fitness choices. Participation will encourage development of self-confidence, discipline, and athletic achievement while having fun through competitive sports. Our team is open to youth, ages 6-15, interested and willing to strive to reach their potential, regardless of abilities.
We are a member of the Amateur Athletic Association (AAU) and USA Track and Field (USATF). To be more competitive, kids may elect to run in community based events and/or AAU/USATF competitions. Meet participation is encouraged but not required.
Practices include instruction in technique, speed, agility, balance, core, specialized event training and lots of games. As practice times vary, please refer to the 2017 calendar.
Free Family Pizza Night & Info Session
Practice Dates (see calendar for complete schedule):
**Free Practice Preview - Sunday, April 23 at the Wilson Track @4pm.
- Spring Season: April 18-May 25
Summer Season: May 30- July 16
- Tuesday & Thursday 6-7:30pm
- Sunday 4-6pm
- Tuesday & Thursday 6-8pm
- Sunday 4-6pm
North Side of Wilson Track (Wilson Dr. & Lake Shore Dr.)
- June 3 Hand Off and See Me Fly, Chicago Heights, IL
- June 17-18 AAU District Qualifier, Rockford, IL
- June 22 UCTC Meet, Washington Park Chicago, IL
- June 29-July 2 AAU National Qualifier, Decatur, IL
- July 15 Lake Park Invite, Roselle, IL
- July 20-23 AAU National Championships, Location TBD**
*Schedule is subject to change.
**National Championship meet is individually attended without CARA staff.
Participant benefits include:
- CARA technical running shirt
- Expert coaching from CARA staff at practice (up to 50+ hours)
- Supervision from CARA coaches at 5 track meets (transportation and entry fee not included)
- Weekly newsletter (training tips/updates)
- Non-member fee includes CARA membership
- Discounts on CARA training, events and 100+ races
- Runner's World Magazine (1-year subscription)
- NovaCare Rehabilitation injury hotline
|Fees*||CARA Members ||Non - Members** |
|Full Season (April 18-July16)
|Spring Sundays (April 23-May 21) + Summer Season (May 30 - July16)
|Summer Season (May 30- July 16)
|Sundays Only (April 23 - July 16)
|Little Flyers (Ages 6-8) Fees*||CARA Members ||Non - Members** |
|Sundays Only (April 18 - July 16)
*All fees include a CARA Flyers t-shirt. Flyers uniform purchased separately
**Non-Member price includes 2017 family membership.
Receive a 10% discount on registration for each additional child
|Additional Costs*|| |
|Flyers Racing Singlet
|Flyers Racing Shorts
*Additional costs incurred only if child wishes to compete.