Are you a beginning runner or looking to reignite your running after some time off? Let CARA show you how to get started.
Over the course of 8 weeks CARA will prepare and train you to run or walk 3 miles. Each session features a 20 minute educational clinic followed by a group training workout. You also receive a free CARA Membership, and other great benefits*.
By the end of the program you will
- Understand proper form for efficient running
- Increase your distance running ability
- Gain strength and fitness
- Learn running path etiquette
- Have a plan for race day
- Know where to find training buddies and running partners
- And more
This one-of-a-kind team building experience will create lasting memories and relationships. The Chicago Area Runners Association Beginning Running program is a great way to accomplish these goals in a fun and healthy manner!
Program Kick Off: August 24, 2016, 5:30pm at the Friend Family Health Center, 800 E 55th St, Chicago, IL 60615
* UCMC employees and their spouses will receive a free entry into the 2016 RBC Race for the Kids at Comer Children’s