CARA's Summer Half Marathon Training Program begins on April 24th, and is better than ever, featuring our new advanced PR program and our traditional novice program! Both plans offer group led runs and hydration stations along the route, plus the addition of Wednesday morning speed training with CARA's coaching staff
Dates & Locations:
- April 24 - July 16, 2017 (April 24 begins the training plan, April 29 is the first Saturday long run)
- Lakeshore East Park: 333 East Benton Place, Chicago
- Wednesday (speed training) @6:00am BEGINS MAY 10
- Saturday (long runs) @7:00am*
- Note: start time will move to 6:00am after June 1st.
- Target Race: Humana Rock 'N' Roll Chicago Half Marathon (July 16, 2017).
- Program participants receive a $20 race discount
Participant benefits include:
- A 12 week training plan from CARA's expert coaches
- CARA technical running shirt
- Saturday group long runs with CARA pace leaders
- Wednesday group speed training sessions with CARA Coach
- Hydration stations (water & Gatorade) for Saturday long runs
- Weekly newsletter (tip/updates)
- Saturday education seminars/clinics (post-run)
- Discounted entry for the Humana Rock 'N' Roll Chicago Half Marathon
- Non-member fee includes CARA membership
- Discounts on CARA training & events
- Runner's World (1 year subscription)
- NovaCare Rehabilitation injury hotline
- CARA team tent at Circuit races (free gear check)
- Race discounts at over 100 local races
- Optional Personal Coaching
Interested in becoming a Group Leader? Fill out our Summer Half Training Application.
Do you have more questions? Check out our FAQs or email us.
||$129 (Includes a 2017 CARA Membership)
||$150/Month (Includes Half Marathon Training)